USC quarterback Matt Barkley will return to school for his senior season in 2012.
Speaking to the media from Heritage Hall, Barkley announced that while he is prepared to play in the NFL, and he will play in the NFL, he’s not going to do it just yet.
“I know in my heart I have not yet finished my journey as a Trojan football player,” Barkley said. “The 2012 team has some serious unfinished business to attend to and I intend to play a part in it.”
Barkley’s decision to return makes him an preseason frontrunner for the Heisman and puts the team in position to contend for next year’s national title.
Barkley notified head coach Lane Kiffin of his decision by presenting him with a Christmas ornament that read “One More Year” – and for many USC fans, the good news about Barkley’s return is a welcome early Christmas gift.
2012 will signal the return of Troy and erases any doubt about the future of USC’s football program.
20 Notes/ Hide
- mabfx3 likes this
- allmydreamsareinyoureyes12 reblogged this from trojans12thbr
- fackinbro reblogged this from trojans12thbr
- iratherbewaterthanarock reblogged this from gridirongirl and added:
- iratherbewaterthanarock likes this
- not-your-average-brittany reblogged this from gridirongirl
- gridirongirl reblogged this from trojans12thbr
- in-an-orange-world likes this
- emiliorod reblogged this from trojans12thbr
- withthelovelyflowersinherhair likes this
- jedlowrie reblogged this from trojans12thbr
- clarinetandsadbassoon likes this
- quenquen reblogged this from trojans12thbr and added:
- pakalika likes this
- trojans12thbr posted this